Apprenticeship Levy2018-03-29T16:35:12+00:00

Apprenticeship Levy

WHAT IS THE APPRENTICESHIP LEVY?

The Apprenticeship Levy applies to all organisations (public & private sector) based in the UK with a payroll of £3 million plus. As such, employers will pay a levy on their whole pay bill at a rate of 0.5%.

Industry has now recognised that there is a vast skills shortage in the Supply Chain and only by investing and the upskilling of procurement professionals would this help facilitate growth.

As a result, the Apprentice levy can now be used to train existing procurement professionals via the Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship standard (previously known as Public Sector Commercial Level 4 Apprenticeship). This standard is suitable for all organisations.

This the Apprenticeship is usually delivered over a 2-year period, where the Apprentice will complete the CIPS Level 4 Diploma course before completing an End Point Assessment. This consists of a case study and panel interview supported by a showcase portfolio to ensure the training is being deployed.

OUR ROLE

CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply Operations is a prerequisite for beginning the end-point assessment. As a Centre of Excellence Chamber Business Training are now partnering with our chosen Apprentice organisation ENCOMPASS DEVELOPMENT LTD to deliver the Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship standard training programme across the UK.

WHAT IF I DO NOT PAY APPRENTICESHIP LEVY?

Government funding also exists for SME’s. 90% of the cost of the CIPS Apprenticeship will be government funded, leaving your organisation to pay the remaining 10% of the total cost. The training must still be delivered by an approved apprentice provider and the Apprenticeship must be an approved standard or framework.

Further information can be found through the National Apprenticeship Service see –https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/commercial-procurement-and-supply-formerly-public-sector-commercial-professional/

For more information contact ADRIAN LAMBE email: a.lambe@cipsbt.co.uk or call 0845 607 1770