Company: Tensar Manufacturing Limited/Tensar International Limited
Job Title: Procurement and Supply Chain Coordinator
Job Grade: 13
Reports to: Chris Thomas
Direct Reports: 2
A procurement specialist who will be challenged with expanding our supply chain, whilst driving down costs and maintaining a reliable stream of quality materials both for manufacturing and re-sale. Will work closely with the Finance, Production, Technical and Customer service teams to deliver sustainable supplier partnerships.
- Negotiates long-term contracts/relationships with existing and new vendors to ensure optimum cost and reliable supply
- Engage with our current vendors of approved technical raw materials (polymers, masterbatches, geotextiles, glass roving and polyester etc.) to further access market dynamics, enabling more informed strategic purchasing decisions
- Evaluate the current portfolio of bought in resaleable items, negotiate improved trading terms with the vendors and provide alternative procurement opportunities
- Ensure thorough and complete purchase and inventory records to provide accurate accounting of all purchased goods and services
- Raise Purchase Orders (PO’s) as well as processing requisitions to PO’s
- Maintain various Excel tracking/reporting documents
- Manage with budget holders the timely renewal of contracts
- Ensure suppliers and Tensar comply with all relevant legislation. Monitoring of various compliance aspects e.g. ISO9001, 14001, Modern Slavery, ABC, Declaration of origin
- Ensure filing etc. is maintained to support internal and external audit requirements
- Support budget setting process e.g. forward costs, raw materials standards
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply (CIPS), APICS or equivalent qualification
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (or similar)
- Solid knowledge of Supply Chain management
- 2+ years of procurement experience
- Detailed knowledge of purchasing and stock control systems, ideally Sage line 500. and ideally in a standard cost environment
- Good IT skills – working knowledge of MS office (Excel and Word), BI and share-point systems
- Good communication skills at varying levels within the organisation and across functions (e.g. Finance, Production & Engineering)
- Drive and Passion – You pride yourself on seeing things getting completed and you take charge when necessary. You drive yourself with purpose and align yourself with excellence
- Self-Reliance – You can shoulder responsibilities and be accountable. You make hard decisions and stand by them
- Will Power – You have the strength to see things through; you don’t vacillate or procrastinate. When you want it, you make it happen
- Optimism – you believe that the future can be better, you step up and take responsibility for making it so
- Communication – You work to communicate and pay attention to the communicators around you
This position is located in Blackburn. Pay is commensurate with skill set and experience. Tensar International Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send your CV and covering email to Clare Stanworth at CStanworth@tensar.co.uk.